Sunday, March 14, 2010

I'm back

Well, I've never really left.

For the last few years I have been quite busy (or rather lazy) so I didn't spend too much time on my blog or DILE. Although I was always "here", answered e-mails and fixed bugs in the code. By the way, one of the reasons why I "disappeared" is that my son was born in 2008 and he keeps me quite busy since then (although I really enjoy it :-) ).

Quite surprisingly - despite my inactivity - DILE has remained quite popular. According to SourceForge it is still downloaded 4-500 times/month which makes me really happy.

And actually it's becoming popular even among my colleagues. So I decided to continue working on DILE. I really hope that I can finish it before MS comes up with a new platform (.NET is becoming rather old as its first beta was released a decade ago).

So dear reader/DILE user, as a first step, I'd like to ask your help in making DILE a bit more bug-free. Unfortunately there are still many bugs in DILE (in fact, I've just fixed 2 bugs in the debugging-time expression evaluation code) and thus if you come across any then please submit it in SourceForge and I'll try to fix it as soon as possible.

Although I can't promise spending as much time on DILE as I used to but I'm trying to do my best. I spend weekdays with my son and try to work on DILE in the weekends after he goes to sleep. Actually, I sleep more during weekdays than weekends (yesterday I was fixing those 2 bugs until 4 a.m. :-) ).

Thank you in advance and happy DILE-ing! :-)

P.S.: Expect a few more blog entries in the near future about DILE. :-)
P. P.S.: Unfortunately spammers have found my blog so I decided to manually moderate comments. But please feel free to send comments; I'll publish them as long as they are DILE related.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home