Tuesday, November 07, 2006

A "little" change... moving to Singapore

This time another personal post.
As you might know, my wife is Indonesian. We have been planning for a while now to move from Hungary back to Asia. And after returning from our trip this June, we have started to seriously look for a job in Singapore. I am really lucky as I have managed to get one there. My visa is already approved, my contract is signed and in the beginning of December (on 4th to be exact) we'll move there.

Both me and my wife agree that Singapore must be a good place for us. For her it will be easier to live there as she can be closer to her parents and she can communicate with other people more easily (Hungarian language is quite difficult and most of the Hungarians can't speak English unfortunately). For me, it's a good opportunity to learn new things and I really like Asia and South-East Asian mentality thus I don't think it'll be difficult to adapt. However, leaving my parents in Hungary won't be easy... :-(

Of course, all this has some effect on DILE as well. Before we move I'll release a new version. No doubt, this should be the best so far. :-)
I've finished all the changes that I planned, and there are some - I believe - really useful new features. I've, for example, completely rewritten the Object Viewer and added context menu almost everywhere.
I have also spent lots of time on trying to find bugs (and fixed all of them). I think it's more stable now.

Actually, in my current workplace for the last 2-3 months most of the time I had to fix bugs and DILE helped a lot. In several cases it "saved life" because I often had to debug on servers where VS wasn't installed. I was also glad to see that some of my collegues were interested in it and tried to use it. At last, I could see where I should improve the program. I even received a feedback letting me know that DILE is a little bit complicated to use for the first time. I'm therefore planning to create some kind of Flash tutorial, but I think I'll have the time for that only after moving to Singapore.

Anyway, once everything is settled in my new place, I'll continue working on DILE. So for now, expect some break but I'll be back! :-)

P.S.: I have changed to the new beta blogger... I hope it won't crash. :-)
P.S.: Does anyone know a good, _free_ tool for recording from screen in Flash format?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger peter said...

Have a nice trip, good luck, farewell, and everything you wished for yourselves :)

Wednesday, November 8, 2006 at 9:27:00 AM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

About software to record from screen to flash:

Wink is a software tool to make presentations and tutorials about using software
programs. A Wink presentation will resemble a live walkthrough about how to use the
software. Also the author of the presentation can add comments and explanations to
parts of the presentation to better explain the concepts and usage to the end user.

There are many purposes for these kinds of presentations:
• Advertising of software.
• Tutorials of software for classes.
• Documentation of software to supplement written documentation.
• Answer questions about the use of programs visually.

The basic output format of Wink is Flash. Flash is viewed in a web browser using the
free Macromedia Flash Player which is already installed on most computers or can
easily be installed the first the time the end user tries to watch a flash file.

http://www.debugmode.com

well, i'm just use it :D

Thursday, November 9, 2006 at 11:07:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Zsozso said...

Sebastian,

Thank you very much for the tip. This is exactly what I was looking for! :-)

Friday, November 10, 2006 at 9:39:00 PM GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home