Sunday, December 11, 2005

Final DILE v0.2

So, here is the final v0.2 release of DILE. I have fixed several debugging related bugs and I have improved the UI also. I hope all these changes will make it easier and more comfortable to use DILE.

The zip file: dile_v0_2.zip
readme.txt: readme.txt
license.txt: license.txt
change_log.txt: change_log.txt

List of the most important changes:
  • compiled using .NET Framework RTM (v2.0.50727)
  • modules panel
  • threads panel
  • MDA (Managed Debug Assistant) support
  • debuggee thrown exceptions can be skipped
  • debuggee can be automatically paused on chosen events (e.g.: LoadClass, LoadModule, CreateThread)
  • decimal or hexadecimal number display
  • plenty of new settings (configurable default directories, shortcuts etc.)
  • new project settings (list of exceptions to skip)
  • recent projects and recent assemblies list
  • projects and assemblies can be loaded by drag&drop
  • searching for project items in the Quick Search Panel can be aborted by pressing Escape
  • windows list
  • VS-like window-selecting by pressing Ctrl + Tab


To find bugs, I have tried to debug DILE, Reflector, ILMerge, MDbg, few v1.1 console and web applications. I really hope that I was able to make the debugging more stable.
As always, if you find any bug, please let me know.
Oh, and this just reminds me that now MDbg is also able to debug on IL level, so check it out also.

And the screenshots of the new features:

Debugging related settings

Project settings (list of exceptions that should be skipped)

Debug events when the debuggee can be automatically paused


An MDA (Managed Debug Assistant) notification

The new modules and threads panels

VS-like window-selecting (appears when Ctrl + Tab pressed)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

I get the following exception when I am starting DILE v.02

An unhandled exception of type 'System.MissingFieldException' occurred in Dile.exe

Additional information: Field not found: 'System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2.Value'.

Thursday, December 22, 2005 at 9:05:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger Zsozso said...

Hello gyurisc!

Somebody also mentioned this problem earlier and I think the reason why you get the exception is the wrong version of the .NET Framework.
DILE v0.2 beta needs the Beta 2 version of the .NET Framework while the final v0.2 needs the final, RTM Framework.

Please, let me know whether using the correct Framework solves the problem.

Thursday, December 22, 2005 at 9:17:00 AM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello zsozso,

I tried DILE on my other machine and it worked there. On both of my machine I have the v2 RTM version of .NET installed (and some beta versions v2 and winfx).

Friday, December 23, 2005 at 7:13:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger Zsozso said...

Hello gyurisc!

Interesting... I suppose for some reason the wrong version of Framework is chosen on the computer where it doesn't work.
Hopefully a config file will solve the problem. Could you please create a file in DILE's folder called: Dile.exe.config? And put the following text in it:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>
<startup>
<requiredRuntime version="v2.0.50727" safemode="true" />
<supportedRuntime version="v2.0.50727" />
</startup>
</configuration>

This will force the RTM version of Framework to be used. Please, let me know whether it helps.

Friday, December 23, 2005 at 9:24:00 AM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The redirection solved the problem. Now DILE is up and running. Thanks

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 at 2:04:00 PM GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home