Sunday, March 21, 2010

DILE tutorial... from a hacker?

As Jeremy Clarkson would say it in Top Gear: "I went on the Internet and found this":
Hacking Ngoa Ho Tang Long with Dotnet IL Editor

Basically, it's a video tutorial that shows how DILE can be used to get the serial number of an application by debugging it.

I must admit I'm both happy and sad to see this. I'm happy to see that DILE is popular and used by people but I'm sad to see that my program is used for avoiding paying somebody for his/her work.

Although I guess I shouldn't be surprised as DILE is already part of a hacker tool collection.

P.S.: Does anyone know what was used to make that video? It looks nice. If it's free then I'd also use it for making more DILE tutorials... about debugging, not hacking. :-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Gabe said...

I don't know what was used, but you can use Wink to make video tutorials: http://www.debugmode.com/wink/

Wednesday, July 7, 2010 at 9:04:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger Zsozso said...

Hi Gabe,

Thanks for the tip. Actually I did use Wink for creating a tutorial a long time ago (http://pzsolt.blogspot.com/2007/03/dile-tutorial-basics.html). But I've just noticed that FreeWebTown - the host where I stored the tutorial - completely erased my account. :-(

Regards,
Zsolt Petreny

Thursday, July 8, 2010 at 2:53:00 PM GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home